Plymouth is located in the south west of the UK and enjoys superb travel links to other UK cities through its enviable and affordable range of transport options. London is approximately three hours away enabling you to visit family and friends when your study schedule permits.
As well as a fantastic road and rail network, Plymouth has its own ferry port with regular sailings to France and Spain and is just an hour away from Exeter airport giving you the opportunity to really explore the UK and beyond.
Plymouth boasts the impressive infrastructure you would expect from a modern European city and its beautiful seaside location and friendly people have made it a favoured destination for tourists and students alike. As the southernmost UK university, Plymouth enjoys some of the mildest winter temperatures in the UK and in the summer months residents enjoy temperatures around 20- 25 degrees Celsius – perfect for exploring Dartmoor National Park and the award winning sandy beaches of Devon and Cornwall.
Plymouth has a rich history stretching back hundreds of years. The architecture and feel of the city reflects this lineage with an eclectic blend of both modern and historic monuments and buildings. The city centre offers excellent shopping, dining and leisure facilities with everything within easy walking distance from the university campus and student accommodation.
As the largest city in the region, Plymouth has a lot to offer. Whether you’re dining with friends at one of our many Barbican-based restaurants and cafes, grabbing a coffee along the historic Hoe, shopping at Drake Circus or just taking a walk along one of the many beaches, you’ll soon feel at home.
Some Plymouth Links and Contacts
- Plymouth University http://www.plymouth.ac.uk 01752 600600
- UPSU Student Union http://www.upsu.com 01752588388
- Marjon http://www.marjon.ac.uk/ 01752 636700
- Plymouth College of Art www.plymouthart.ac.uk/ 01752 203434
- Plymouth City Council http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/ 01752 668000
- Plymouth Train Station http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/
- Plymouth Library http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/libraries 01752 305923
- Devon & Cornwall Police http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/ 08452 777444
- NHS Direct http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/ 0845 46 47
- This Is Plymouth http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/ Local Press
- Laptop Repairs http://www.tecteam.co.uk/ 01752 651143